Are you a woodworker? Would you rather construct a table on your own than call someone for help? Are you a firm believer in DIY? If so, you should know that woodworking is not an easy task. It requires extensive knowledge and practice. After all, you can’t just decide one day that you want to build a desk and do it without any prior knowledge of the task.
Hence, make sure you polish your skills before you embark on an adventure of creating beauty out of pieces of wood. Also, equip yourself with high-quality tools. This is because regardless of how skilled you are, at the end of the day, how accurate and exquisite your final product looks depends on the quality of an array of tools needed for the task.
One such equipment is a router. You may think that all a best wood router does is make cuts – but rest assured that this primary task governs the quality of the rest of your work. Therefore, make sure you make a wise purchase decision when it comes to getting a router.
While there are an array of items in the market, the Bosch 1617EVSPK Variable Speed Router is one which is really worth trying.
This product features a strong motor with a horsepower of 2.25. Such an engine is bound to get the job done regardless of how advanced or tough it is. The speed of the motor is variable in nature which allows you to decide the rate of the router as per the requirements of the task at hand.
The motor of the router is also equipped with a soft-start feature. This function allows for a reduction in torque when the engine is initially started. Such a start provides you with enhanced control of the machine from the outset.
This kit includes all the elements that are required for fixed-depth and plunge routing. Both the fixed and plunge bases are equipped with micro bit adjustment system which ensures accuracy as well as quick changes which in turn allow for quick results.
Both of the bases are also accompanied by a Bosch Precision Centering Design. Such a design guarantees that the bit are centered both the sub-base and the optional templates guides which can be bought separately. Such a feature makes sure that keeping the router bit on the cutting line is an easy feat even when you are using guidance devices like dovetail fixtures and jigs.
Moreover, the plunge base also includes soft grip handles which allow for easy operation and also prevent hand fatigue during prolonged use of the machine.
- The product is equipped with an EVS motor.
- The router includes 0.5 inch and 0.25-inch collet chucks which are self-releasing in nature.
- The router comes with a 16-mm and 24-mm bit-change wrenches for convenience.
- A rugged carrying case accompanies the product.
- The router allows for variable speed ranging from 8000 to 25000 RPM.
- The product features an aluminum construction for enhanced durability.
- There is a T-handle hex height adjustment wrench included in the product.
- A one-year warranty accompanies the router, making it highly cost-effective and reliable.
- The kit includes fixed base, plunge base, collet chucks, wrenches, chip shields and a case.
- The dimensions of the router are 6.2*19 ½**14 ½ inches.
- The weight of the product is about 19 ½ pounds.
- The micro-fine adjustment leads to accurate cuts to up to 1/64 inches.
- The power switch is dust sealed.
- The product includes a 30-day money back guarantee.
ConclusionAll in all, this router has succeeded in delivering a superior performance to users. Due to the horsepower of the motor, the product may not be perfect for novices. However, if you are an intermediate or an advanced wood crafter, you will be satisfied with the performance of this router.
If you are on the lookout for a product which not only features a durable built but is also equipped to perform heavy-duty jobs, the Bosch 1617EVSPK Variable Speed Router will be perfect for you.